Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sustainable September Day Fifteen Kindness Idea

Hello my lovelies, 

Sorry this is a little late today. We are visiting my Godparents and they are spoiling me a lot! I've spent the evening drinking tea, eating delicious home grown food (my Godmother loves to feed anyone who has been unfed for about an hour) and I have been listening to my Godfather tell stories of his younger adult life, with my Godmother sharing her own little stories along the way, although letting my Godfather tell the majority! It's been a hoot! I love hearing the stories of the mischief they got up to together along the way! So funny! 

My sister, Vandra, reminded me that this alone is a simple kindness... Listening to older people! And I have to agree! My Godfather has so many amazing and funny stories to tell that I enjoy listening to but if I wasn't willing to sit and listen, I'd miss out! He has a real gift for story telling! By Godmother likes to make sure he keeps his facts straight, and they bounce off each other so well, that you can almost feel the story weaving around you! I feel blessed being able to spend time with them... After all they won't be around forever! Both of them are In their 80s and have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! A milestone by anyone's books! :)

But back to Sustainable September, today's kindness idea was to go for a walk and see the beauty this world has to offer! :) 

Mum & I, on our little south west road trip, have seen all kinds of beautiful things, from forests, beaches, rivers, rural areas, farms, salt scub land and so much more! Today was no exception.

I did a few little walks. I walked around attractions in Albany, WA including the gap and the natural bridge! I stopped in Denmark, WA and took photos of the river! I even stopped on the side of the road in the Forrest near Walpole, WA to take photos with mums camera (so I don't have them to share today)! 

So here they are 



Hope you like them! 

Tomorrow's Sustainable September Kindness idea is:

Monday – 15 September –   Do Meat Free (or Meatless) Monday.

If you have never heard about it before it is a global Inititive. And can be found in most countries (they may have a different day depending on the country). The reason this is kind to our world is  According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the livestock sector is “one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global”. The FAO estimates that livestock production is responsible for 14.5 per cent of global greenhouse gas emissions, while other organisations have estimated it could be as much as 51 per cent. World scientists on the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) agree that we need to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere by 80 per cent by 2050 in order to avoid catastrophic climate change.” Read More Here.  

One way to do this is by enjoying Meat Free Mondays. Many of us are not interested in becoming vegetarians or vegans everyday, but try one day a week and see how simple it can be.  And one day a week can make the world of difference! :) For awesome recipes from the Meat Free Monday Website click here.  Jamie Oliver also does his own version of Meat Free Mondays (called Meatless mondays). Some of his awesome Vegetarian recipes are found here!

For more information on Meatfree Mondays in your country click here. If they dont have one in your country... think about adopting it!  Or starting something where you are! :) for some reason I couldn't like the below video but if you want you can find out more about Meat Free Mondays by checking out the video! Video:http://youtu.be/tpziz8cJMaI 


Hope this finds you all well,

Much love and kindness to you all

Luv Daena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment